To demonstrate our commitment to creating a better world, the McKinley Foundation is providing monetary help to organizations and individuals aligned with our core values and mission in support of social and racial justice, diversity, and sustainability. Twelve $500 grants will be awarded throughout the year to organizations and individuals whose work or special project falls within at least one of these categories:
• Racial justice and equality
• Environmental activism
• Food and housing insecurities
• Gender equality
• LGBTQ activism
Successful applications will meet the following criteria:
• Demonstrate exceptional dedication to advancing the cause of social justice, bringing about greater awareness of injustice, and improving the lives of those who have suffered unjustly within our community.
• Reside or be based in Champaign County.
• Agree to attend and present what the organization or individual has been able to accomplish with the grant reward at the McKinley Foundation social justice celebration.
- Complete the application.
- Write an essay no more than two single-spaced pages in length describing the applicant’s background, mission, and plans for using the grant funds. We encourage you to identify goals and activities for the upcoming year and to explain how these activities will impact the local community.
- For 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) organizations, please provide EIN.
- Send the required documents to the Grants and Scholarships Committee at email@example.com, or mail them to our offices at the address below.
Grants and Scholarships Committee
809 South Fifth Street
Champaign, IL 61820