Three ways to join online worship:
Choose the option that works best for you:
- Watch from the Worship page. To start the video, click on the play button (triangle) in the middle of the “Worship LIVE” video (note: This video will change from Sunday to Sunday, but the play button [triangle inside a circle] will always start up the most recent video). This option provides image and audio but no ability to read or post comments with others viewing the same worship service..
- Join through Facebook Live. This option allows congregation members and worship leaders to interact with one another using text comments and emoticons (e.g., thumbs-up, smiley face, heart, etc.). To participate in this way, you need to have a Facebook account and be logged in. If you “like” & “follow” McKinley Memorial Presbyterian Church on Facebook, you will also receive notifications when we “go live” [when worship begins].
- Dial in by phone (to hear but not see the service). We want to be sure that everyone has access. For those without access to the Internet, without speakers built into their computer, or having audio trouble with the online worship stream, listening in by phone is an option. Dial 312-626-6799. When prompted, enter this Meeting ID: 175486333#. Ignore the reference to entering a participant ID.
Tips and Tricks for Viewing:
- If the live stream on this page has not started by its designated time, first try to reload the page using the “refresh” tool for your web browser or by leaving this page and then coming back. If that still does not work, try going to McKinley’s Facebook Live page.
- Audio: Plug in a set of headphones to the device you are using to view the video. This makes it easier to hear what’s going on. If you can’t hear anything and you know that the video is playing, first check your device’s audio to be sure that isn’t set to too low or muted. Also check the video playback options. If the speaker symbol has an “x” on the right side, the audio is muted.
Change the video controls to match your viewing needs. The symbols in the image to the right are available in the lower right corner of the video to control how the video plays. These symbols are often hidden to prevent your view of the video from being blocked. To make them visible, you need to select the video window by clicking or touching it, and then use the cursor or your finger to gently touch or hover over the lower part of the video. From left to right:
- Gear icon (settings): Few people use this one often. It allows control of video quality and whether closed captioning is turned on
- Arrows pointing out to four corners: Clicking/touching this image enlarges the video to take up the full screen. Arrows pointing inward will appear when the video is in full screen to allow you to make it smaller again
- Facebook logo: Clicking/touching this will take you to Facebook for viewing the playback and related comments
- Speaker with an x: This means that the audio is currently muted. Click this image to restore the audio. Once it is unmuted, you will see a “slider” right above the image that you can click/touch and drag to increase or lower the volume