McKinley is a vibrant, progressive, and inclusive faith-based Christian ministry providing community and support to students and young adults within the UIUC community. Though we are affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA), our campus ministry also respects the many spiritual traditions among those we serve. Many of our activities take place in the Foundation building on the U of I campus.
This group of young adults, aged approximately 18-24, meets 1 to 2 times each week. Gatherings alternate between service projects and social events. To be alerted to upcoming activities and details, fill out the contact us form and check “Campus Ministry” under subject.
Inclusive Campus Ministry
The McKinley Foundation is part of a growing network of progressive and inclusive Christian ministries providing community and support to students and recent graduates within the UIUC community.
Participating organizations include Community UCC (CUCC) and St. Andrew’s Lutheran Campus Center. Our student leadership has organized these special events to welcome you to campus.
- August 21 – Team Trivia. CUCC invites you to dinner at Jubilee Cafe at 6PM, followed by Team Trivia at 7PM. 805 S 6th St. Champaign
- August 23 – Bon Fire. St. Andrew’s invites you to dinner at 5:45 followed by a bonfire. 909 S Wright St. Champaign
- September 1 – Movie Night. McKinley invites you to dinner at 6PM, followed by a movie showing at 7PM. 410 E Daniel St. Champaign
- Food & Fellowship: Join us for a free meal on Fridays at 6 PM in the Presby Hall dining room.
- First Sunday Lunch: Join us for lunch after worship on the first Sunday of every month in the McKinley Church basement. It’s not necessary to attend worship to participate.
Ongoing service, social, and worship opportunities are planned throughout the semester. Here are a few example of past projects and events.
Thanksgiving Baskets for Underserved Families
Sack Lunches for Soup Kitchen
Adopt-a-Family Christmas Presents
Garden Hills Food Pantry Collections
Cards for Veterans
Welcome Cookout and Carnival