Children and youth are cherished members of the McKinley family. In a creative and nurturing environment, we aim to foster an understanding of faith, a sense of belonging to a church family, and a commitment to the community at large. We hope that through participating in Christian education, our children and youth will grow personally, experience a positive faith community, learn about the roots of religious freedom, and be motivated to serve others and seek social justice.
* Available for children birth through age 5.
- Open from 10:15-12:00 on Sunday mornings
- Located in the church basement
- Staff has passed background checks and is trained in best practice for working with young children
- Space is set up to foster social interaction and creative play
- Children ages 3-5 participate in a weekly lesson
Elementary Sunday School:
- Offered weekly for children in Kindergarten through 5th grade
- Takes place during worship
- Lessons are created from The Joyful Path curriculum published by The Center for Progressive Christianity
Middle School and High School Programming:
- Sunday school and social activities offered for youth in 6th through 12th grade
- Group meets weekly after worship
- Sunday school relates faith to current events and social justice
- Annual service oriented weekend retreats or mission trips
- Once a month during worship
- Offered for children age 3 through Seniors in High School
- Children and Youth work together to complete service projects for the church and the community.
Family Social Events
At McKinley we feel that fostering a strong faith community includes social experiences. In order to provide this the Christian Education Committee offers at least two family social events each semester.
For more information please contact our Director of Christian Education, Sara McHenry.