McKinley is located in the heart of the UIUC campus. Our three buildings – McKinley Memorial Presbyterian Church, McKinley Foundation, and Presby Hall – are located between John and Daniel along 5th Street. Note: Church and Presby Hall offices are located in the Foundation on the 1st floor.
Parking is available on all the streets around our facilities (metered $0.75/hr Mon-Sat, free on Sundays).
Bike racks are available outside McKinley’s Foundation building.
Several public bus routes come as close as or closer than the Illini Union, just two blocks from McKinley.
- Green West (central and west-central Champaign)
- Green East (central and southeast Urbana)
- Orchard Downs
- Yellow North (central and northern Champaign)
- Yellow South (Champaign south of campus and Savoy)
- Silver (north, northeast, and east Urbana)
We are accessible from many other areas with a transfer to one of the lines above. For more information on bus routes and schedules, consult the MTD website.
Building Entrances & Accessibility
- Sanctuary (main floor) ramp along on the west side of the building with ramp entrance under the breezeway (push button entrance).
- Fellowship Hall and Nursery (basement) ramp entrance is at the corner of 5th and John Streets (push button entrance).
- Assistive listening devices and large-print bulletins are available in the sanctuary foyer for use in worship.
- Sanctuary floor plan and doorways have plenty of room for wheelchairs
- A simple wheelchair is available for use on the premises.
- If standing is difficult, you are welcome to remain seated throughout the service.
- First floor is accessible by ramp at the Daniel Street entrance (the south side).
- Wheelchair ramp inside makes much, but not all, of the first floor accessible.
- Second floor is accessible using the elevator in Presby Hall residence hall (accessible by passing through Artist’s Alley).
- First floor is accessible using the ramp at the courtyard entrance off of 5th Street or the garage entrance.
- Elevator available to reach all other stairs
We are aware of the limits imposed by the retrofitted accessibility features on our old buildings; we are working to make our entire campus fully accessible. Your suggestions for improving our accommodations, in the meantime or in the long term, are welcome.