Whether worshipping with us online or in-person, you’ll find a casual, relaxed, open-minded atmosphere at McKinley. When worshipping in-person, you’ll see more blue jeans than ties and heels. Music and art play an important role in our worship. We relish singing as a congregation and enjoy the talents of our choir and instrumentalists. If you’ve attended church before, you’ll experience a creative and progressive take on the traditional Presbyterian liturgy structure.
We take the safety of our congregation seriously. We will continue monitoring and adapting as needed based on CDC, CUPHD, and PC(USA) guidance.
Join Pastor Heidi and congregation members for live or pre-recorded worship streaming. Here and on YouTube Live
In-person worship live-streamed to YouTube
You will find us located at the corner of South 5th Street and East John Street in the heart of Champaign’s Campus Town. Our congregation is a beautiful mixture of University of Illinois students and community members from across Champaign County.
- Worship will last approximately 45 minutes. Informal fellowship takes place in the sanctuary before the worship. Help yourself to coffee or tea and a bite to eat.
- Masks are recommended but not required. Forgot your mask? Not a problem. Masks will be available at the door as well.
- Please stay home if you are feeling under the weather or uncomfortable being in groups. Join us online instead.
- Stand or remain seated as you are comfortable.
- Communion is observed on the first Sunday of the month. All are welcome at this table. Gluten, nut, and egg free bread and grape juice will be served.
- Childcare is available on the lower level for infants through kindergartners. Age-appropriate worship and activities are provided for school-age children as well. Learn more on our Youth and Families page.
- Ramp and push button entrances available for both the sanctuary and the basement. More details and a property map available on the Where to Find Us page.
- Assistive listening devices and large-print bulletins are available in the sanctuary foyer for use in worship.