Whether worshipping with us online or in-person, you’ll find a casual, relaxed, open-minded atmosphere at McKinley. When worshipping in-person, you’ll see more blue jeans than ties and heels. Music and art play an important role in our worship. We relish singing as a congregation and enjoy the talents of our choir and instrumentalists. If you’ve attended church before, you’ll experience a creative and progressive take on the traditional Presbyterian liturgy structure.
We take the safety of our congregation seriously. Even as we begin to transition back to in-person worship, we will continue monitoring and adapting as needed based on CDC, CUPHD, and PC(USA) guidance.
Join Pastor Heidi, Music Director Yohei, and congregation members for live or pre-recorded worship streaming. Here and on Facebook Live
In-person worship live-streamed to Facebook Live
A simple, short service rooted in the social justice tradition.
Download the Worship Bulletin for Sunday, January 16, 2022 (pdf)
Beginning August 15, 10:30 a.m. in-person worship returns with safety-precautions in place. You will find us located at the corner of South 5th Street and East John Street in the heart of Champaign’s Campus Town. Our congregation is a beautiful mixture of University of Illinois students and community members from across Champaign County.
- Church doors will open at 10:20 a.m. All will sign-in at the door for contact tracing purposes. The maximum capacity for air handling and social distancing is 50 individuals at this time.
- Worship will last approximately 30 minutes. Formal fellowship time has been discontinued at this time. Informal fellowship can take place outside immediately following worship. Masks and social distancing is encouraged.
- Masks are required, and congregants will sign-in at the door for potential contact tracing. Forgot your mask? Not a problem. Masks will be available at the door as well.
- Please stay home if you are feeling under the weather or uncomfortable being in groups. Join us online later in the day instead.
- Stand or remain seated as you are comfortable.
- Communion is observed on the first Sunday of the month. All are welcome at this table. Pre-packaged gluten free bread and grapes will be available. Worshipers may also bring their own elements to worship.
- Childcare is available on the lower level for infants through kindergartners. Families should enter through the lower basement entrance located next to the labyrinth to sign-in your child before going up to the sanctuary. Age-appropriate worship and activities are provided for school-age children as well. Learn more on our Youth and Families page.
- Ramp and push button entrances available for both the sanctuary and the basement. More details and a property map available on the Where to Find Us page.
- Assistive listening devices and large-print bulletins are available in the sanctuary foyer for use in worship.