Whether worshipping with us online or in-person, you’ll find a casual, relaxed, open-minded atmosphere at McKinley. When worshipping in-person, you’ll see more blue jeans than ties and heels. Music and art play an important role in our worship. We relish singing as a congregation and enjoy the talents of our choir and instrumentalists. If you’ve attended church before, you’ll experience a creative and progressive take on the traditional Presbyterian liturgy structure.
We take the safety of our congregation seriously. Even as we begin to transition back to in-person worship, we will continue monitoring and adapting as needed based on CDC, CUPHD, and PC(USA) guidance.
Join Pastor Heidi and congregation members for live or pre-recorded worship streaming. Here and on YouTube Live
Download the March 19, 2023 Bulletin (pdf)
In-person worship live-streamed to Facebook Live
A simple, short service rooted in the social justice tradition.
Visit the Online Worship Help page if you have trouble accessing the Live feed.
Visit the Worship and Music Archive to access recordings and bulletins from past worship services.
Beginning August 15, 10:30 a.m. in-person worship returns with safety-precautions in place. You will find us located at the corner of South 5th Street and East John Street in the heart of Champaign’s Campus Town. Our congregation is a beautiful mixture of University of Illinois students and community members from across Champaign County.
More location details can be found here.
- Church doors will open at 10:20 a.m. All will sign-in at the door for contact tracing purposes. The maximum capacity for air handling and social distancing is 50 individuals at this time.
- Worship will last approximately 45 minutes. Formal fellowship time has been discontinued at this time. Informal fellowship can take place outside immediately following worship. Masks and social distancing is encouraged.
- Masks are required, and congregants will sign-in at the door for potential contact tracing. Forgot your mask? Not a problem. Masks will be available at the door as well.
- Please stay home if you are feeling under the weather or uncomfortable being in groups. Join us online later in the day instead.
- Stand or remain seated as you are comfortable.
- Communion is observed on the first Sunday of the month. All are welcome at this table. Pre-packaged gluten free bread and grapes will be available. Worshipers may also bring their own elements to worship.
- Childcare is available on the lower level for infants through kindergartners. Families should enter through the lower basement entrance located next to the labyrinth to sign-in your child before going up to the sanctuary. Age-appropriate worship and activities are provided for school-age children as well. Learn more on our Youth and Families page.
- Ramp and push button entrances available for both the sanctuary and the basement. More details and a property map available on the Where to Find Us page.
- Assistive listening devices and large-print bulletins are available in the sanctuary foyer for use in worship.