As we head into February, we are collecting McKinley Love Letters from anyone who is willing to share. We miss seeing you, and thanks to the wonders of tech, we have ways to see and hear from you despite our physical locations. In preparation for the upcoming Stewardship season, we are collecting as many short video clips from our friends sharing their “What I love about McKinley” thoughts. What keeps you coming back? Would you be willing to share a short video with us? Here’s how:
- Go to https://flipgrid.com/9e50e271 on your computer or on your phone
- If it asks for a join code, enter 9e50e271
- On the What I Love About McKinley page, log in by using your own Google account or join as a guest by entering this guest password: <3McKinley
- Tap the “Add a response” button, and it will turn on your camera.
- Tap the round circle below your image to start recording. Keep your statements at 2 minutes or shorter. Tap the circle again to pause/stop recording
- When you are finished, either use the “retake” option or hit the “next” button to review your video clip. On the review screen, you can do a little editing if you’re comfortable with the tools provided to trim or clip, you can delete and re-record your video, or you can hit “next” to add or change your name (no need to add a caption)
- When you’re ready to share your video with McKinley followers, click the blue button to “Post”
During the weeks of Stewardship, we plan to share a small set of different “I ❤️ McKinley” videos each week. This will allow us to see people who we haven’t seen in awhile as we also join our voices together to share some McKinley Joy with others.
If you find this tool to be too much of a hassle, but you still want to contribute your voice to the collection, contact Lara Hebert. There are multiple ways to contribute, and she can provide you with some alternative options.
We look forward to hearing from you!