Combat Climate Change Through Photography
How Dare You? is a community-wide competition inspired by Greta Thunberg and her remarks to the United Nations (“How dare you?”).
We want to see what inspires you to combat climate change. Is it kids recycling? Community members picking up trash? A beautiful sunset? Plastic bags stuck in chain link fence? You get the idea. Be creative and get your camera (or smartphone) and start looking for your winning image! We are taking submissions until February 5, 2020. You may submit up to 6 entries.
Categories: People, Places, Nature, and Abract/Altered Images
PHOTO ENTRY: Submit photographs—in digital format only—to
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, Feb. 5.
- File type: JPEG
- File resolution: 200 dpi minimum
- A maximum of 6 entries may be submitted per artist
- There should be no watermarks, dates, signatures, or copyright images on photos
- Provide a title for each entry and indicate category
- There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places for each category
- One “Best of Show” will be chosen from all the submissions
- The winners will be announced on February 10, 2018 via email, and exhibited in Artists’ Alley from February 12 – March 13
- A reception and award ceremony will be held on Thursday, February 13 from 4:30-7:00 p.m. in Artists’ Alley
EXHIBITION: Artists’ Alley will produce prints of all award-winning images to be part of the gallery exhibition. Award winners will be gifted these prints at the end of the exhibition. Winners must pick up prints in person or pay for shipping expenses. All eligible entries will be displayed in the gallery throughout the exhibition.
USE OF THE PHOTOS: Contest entrant must be the the owner of the copyright of each photograph submitted. Contest entrant grants permission to show photos in the gallery and to use photos in other electronic and print promotional materials.