For more than a hundred years, McKinley has supported Champaign-Urbana college students, faculty, and staff in cultivating a vital religious life. Though we are affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA), our campus ministry also respects the many spiritual traditions among those we serve. Many of our activities take place in the foundation building on the U of I campus.
This group of young adults, aged approximately 18-24, meets 1 to 2 times each month. Gatherings alternate between service projects and social events. To be alerted to upcoming activities and details, fill out the contact us form and check “Collegiate & Young Adult Fellowship” under subject.
- 19 – Service: Clear and prepare raingarden for installation
- 25 – Fellowship: Pridefest activities
- 17 – Fellowship: Pumpkin decorating and meal
- 29 – Service: Trunk or Treat with McKinley youth
- 13 – Fellowship: Visit Mitchell Museum of the Native American in Evanston (alt. escape room)
- 22 – Service: Assemble Thanksgiving Baskets for food pantry families
- 5 – Fellowship & Service: Holiday themed event
Ongoing service, social, and worship opportunities are planned throughout the semester. Here are a few example of past projects and events.
Thanksgiving Baskets for Underserved Families
Sack Lunches for Soup Kitchen
Adopt-a-Family Christmas Presents
Garden Hills Food Pantry Collections
Card for Veterans
Welcome Cookout and Carnival
Football Tailgate Parties